Friday, April 17, 2009

Vintages Phantom comics printed in Papua New Guinea wanted

Tok Pisin Phantom comics from 1970s wanted by Australian collector…a challenge for you Wewak boys

 

Hi,

My name is Les Gray (email norles@chariot.net.au), from Adelaide, South Australia.

I am an avid Phantom Comic collector.

I got your email address off the internet.

I am wondering if you can help me trace Phantom comics produced about the 1970s by Wirui Press in Wewak.

I have little information on these comics and would like to include them in my large collection.

Thank you for your time.

 

Les,

Adelaide.

 

4 comments:

  1. Jermayn4:21 PM

    Come across this late but how did Les go finding some of these PNG comics/ strips??? I am also after some if anyone knows how to find them...

    Thank you
    Jermayn
    germ17[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:33 PM

    THE PNG PHANTOM MORE RARE THAN THE FREW NUMBER 1 PHANTOM, AS ONLY AFEW WERE IN CIRCULATION AFTER THEY WERE SHUT DOWN BY KFS. IT IS KNOW AS THE HOLY GRAIL OF THE PHANTOM COMICS, THERE WAS ONLY THE NUMBER 1 THAT WAS PRINTED. I HAVE MANAGED TO SECURE ONE AT A VERY HIGH PRICE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Les Gray5:32 PM

    Hi .I have a PNG phantom.Bought for $35 in great condition.It has the Phantom on Nero.I have been told there were two issues printed.Have I #1 or #2 Les

    ReplyDelete
  4. brendon t6:39 PM

    I have a couple but can not find any info anywhere about them.

    ReplyDelete