Sunday, October 04, 2009

Scott Waide's new blog

Well-known Papua New Guinea television journalist Scott Waide has created his own blog Papua New Guinea – My Land, My Country on this URL http://www.tingtingblokantri.blogspot.com/.

“Welcome to my most recent attempt at a blog,” Scott writes.

“I live in Port Moresby.

“I am a television producer for an international news media organisation.

“As much as possible, I try to update this blog daily.

“It contains a collection of my very own poems and stories some written nearly 10 years ago.

“This is an attempt to show my country, Papua New Guinea as a nation in transition with its challenges brought on by half a century of rapid urbanisation.

“Through the poems and stories I hope you will see beauty through this rich kaleidoscope of different cultures.

“My perspective is that of a Papua New Guinean raised in an urban setting.

“We are a people so beautiful and resilient yet very much misunderstood by our global neighbors.

“We are creative.

“We are expressive.

“We are Papua New Guinea.

“Please enjoy!”

 

2 comments:

  1. I applaud your efforts to showcase your country and to bring a better understanding to the rest of the world. Keep on going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou for your blog about PNG and its diversity nature. We are also doing the same here.
    http://melanesianway.blogspot.com

    Blog Admin.

    ReplyDelete