Above are photos from Day 2 of PM Somare's visit to
- Wreathlaying: PM Somare lays a wreath at the Muruika Urupa (the Maori Battalion cemetery) at Ohinemutu, Rotorua. Sir Michael is wearing a korowai (ceremonial cloak) provided by the Rotorua District Council for the civic welcome and the wreathlaying as a mark of respect for Sir Michael's status.
- No 067: Sir Michael is greeted with a traditional hongi by Rotorua Mayor Kevin Winters.
- No 056: Rotorua Mayor Kevin winters presents Sir Michael with a taiaha (traditional Maori weapon) as a symbol of respect and peace
- No. 048: Sir Michael, delegation members and advisors with the taiaha presented to the Prime Minister by Rotorua Mayor Kevin Winters
- No 019: Sir Michael shares a joke with Rotorua Deputy Mayor Trevor Maxwell at this morning's Rotorua mayoral reception
- No 027: Sir Michael responds to Rotorua Mayor Kevin Winters' welcome speech this morning and thanks Rotorua for the warm reception he received.
- No 002: Sir Michael receives a traditional challenge from a Maori warrior as part of the Prime Minister's official welcome to Rotorua at the Rotorua District Council Civic Centre