Saturday, July 21, 2012

First woman elected in PNG elections

Delilah Gore has just beaten her former boss and, Anthony Nene, for Sohe Open Seat in Oro (Northern) province.
Gore has just been declared winner as a member of Don Polye's Triumph Heritage Empowerment (THE) Party.
Since the start of the polls she has maintained a very good lead over all challengers for the Sohe Open Seat.
"When I left office I went to all four districts," she told NBC Radio.
"I went out empowering women and youths.
"I told women to vote for women, and that's what they did."
She said her focus would be on rural development.
"We have lacked government services for a long time," Gore said.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:01 PM

    That's the democratic way. join the race and win! free, fare na safe elections... not crying for 22 free seats in the house of reps to mismanage tax payers money.

    Congerats Delilah on your victory and all the other strong women who have all committed themselves to the democratic process to racing in the election.

    To you I take off my hat.

    ReplyDelete