Sunday, January 27, 2013

In Port Moresby today

By MALUM NALU

Below are some pictures of my wanderings around Port Moresby, not today, but yesterday.
Yesterday, my kids and I travelled fom our home at 8-Mile to Korobosea, where we spent an enjoyable afternoon at my elder brother David's place at Pipigari Street.
We took a stroll up to Malaoro Market and bought some fresh vegetables and fish for a barbeque.
A wonderful day for my kids and me!
Fresh vegetables on sale at Malaoro Market. I'd like to see more of these fresh veggie and fruit markets flourish all over the city rather than filthy buai and cigarette markets. Veggies and fruits make us healthy while buai and smoke contribute towards our early death, apart from littering the city.All pictures@MALUM NALU

Kaukau galore at Malaoro Market. To think that growers in the Highlands truck their produce to Lae, ship it to Port Moresby, and then sell in bulk to retailers to resells in markets around the city. I wrote a feature article on the kaukau trade in The National Weekender last Friday.





Mouth-watering aibika on sale at Malaoro Market today. Cook it with coconut juice and fresh fish...nothing beats that!

Fresh vegetables on sale at Malaoro Market. I'd like to see more of these fresh veggie and fruit markets flourish all over the city rather than filthy buai and cigarette markets. Veggies and fruits make us healthy while buai and smoke contribute towards our early death, apart from littering the city.

Fresh fish on sale at Malaoro Market. I bought a big tuna for K30 and we had it at big brother David's place at Pipigari Street, Korobosea






Tuna steaks on the barbie at big bro David's place, Pipigari Street, Korobosea.

Pipigari Street Korobosea, one of my favorite streets in Port Moresby, and a model for the rest of the city because of its cleanliness.
















No comments:

Post a Comment