Monday, September 15, 2008

Young Papua New Guineans meet New Zealand All Blacks in Brisbane

I received an email today from my old buddy and ex-Aiyura school mate, Chris Taukuro, who is based in Brisbane with wife Katherine and family.

Chris sent me pictures of New Zealand All Blacks Mils Muliana and Kevin Mealamu with his daughter Sarah Taukuro and her cousin Alu Amini.

New Zealand, as you may already know, staged a second half comeback from 10 points down for a thrilling 28-24 win against Australia and denied the Wallabies their first Tri-Nations title since 2001 and also kept the Bledisloe Cup across the Tasman for the six straight year.

“Hi Malum,

 “If you can use these photos, here is a photo of Mils Muliaina and Kevin Mealamu with Sarah Taukuro, my daughter, and her cousin, Alu Amini.

 “I was very sad to hear of Chris Kaines passing last month!! He was a dear brother!!

 “Have a good day brother.

 “Best regards.”

 

  • A Happy 33rd Anniversary to Chris, Katherine and all the expatriate Papua New Guineans all over the world and I hope you can return home before you get too old!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment